To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances;
to seek Him, the greatest adventure;
to find Him, the greatest human achievement.

Saint Augustine

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The dance of shadow and light

I was just now browsing this blog looking for something I had read a few months ago, when I came across this post. Breathtaking. Just breathtaking. And it connects eerily to my own life, in the way these little things (or are they so very little?) often seem to do....since the end of July 2008, I have put on my MySpace (which I never visit anymore, lol), for my location, "where light and shadows meet." It is a concept/vision that has intrigued me for a long time, and just the imagery of it...stirs my mind and heart. Oh, do read it. I love this. It's so...I don't know how to explain it. Just read it. :)

An excerpt:

“Light shines in the darkness; the darkness comprehends it not.”

A lot to think about in that one little line. A lot to think about in the dance of shadow and light, which moves all around us and within. The more we understand about how we house dark and light inside our own souls, the more we can understand its movement through the world.

That’s a lot to look at, a lot to be accountable for, too, over time and in eternity. No wonder we are always only beginners.








It reminds me a little bit of Switchfoot: "The shadow proves the sunshine; let my shadows prove the Sunshine."

No comments:

Post a Comment