To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances;
to seek Him, the greatest adventure;
to find Him, the greatest human achievement.

Saint Augustine

Saturday, April 3, 2010

That I may grieve with you

Pietà, by Franz von Stuck


O Mother, fountain of love,
make me feel the power of sorrow,
that I may grieve with you.

Grant that my heart may burn
in the love of the Lord Christ
that I may greatly please Him.

Holy Mother, grant this of yours,
that the wounds of the Crucified be well-formed
in my heart.

Grant that the punishment of your wounded Son,
so worthily suffered for me,
may be shared with me.

Let me sincerely weep with you,
bemoan the Crucified,
for as long as I live.

To stand beside the Cross with you,
and for me to join you
in mourning, this I desire.

When my body dies,
grant that to my soul is given
the glory of paradise. Amen.




~ from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment