To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances;
to seek Him, the greatest adventure;
to find Him, the greatest human achievement.

Saint Augustine

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Let God arise

As an "antidote" or follow-up to my last very disconcerting post, here is another blog post, from my favorite Vultus Christi. Father Mark offers much in the way of beauty and wisdom there. I thank God for him. Here, In our struggle with the powers of darkness, I am given hope and a chance to breathe. Please, read it.

After all, though a new era of martyrs this may surely be, then that means a new era of saints. Those among us who will rise above the rest and be shining witnesses to God's love and mercy, God's truth and sovereignty, in a hungry, thirsty, aching world. We are all of us called to be saints. Each one of us.
I pray for living courage in the face of evil. I pray for a vibrant, anchored faith in the face of lies and falsehoods. I pray for illuminating hope in the face of darkness and deadening despair. I pray for a living, bleeding, breathing love in the face of hate, indifference, wrath, sin, and the culture of death.

Let us pray together. Let us, through our imperfect lives, help to usher in the Kingdom of God. We are called to be icon-bearers of Christ to the world. For some, we might be the only glimpse of Truth they will ever receive.

Fides, by Sir Edward Burne-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment