To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances;
to seek Him, the greatest adventure;
to find Him, the greatest human achievement.

Saint Augustine

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"What is the monster we've become?"

And I thought this world was already utterly, utterly insane.

Guess I was wrong. Sorry to be so depressing today, but check this out. [WARNING: Link contains disturbing and graphic details/info.]
THIS. On top of all that is already WRONG with the world, on top of all that is already EVIL. More. More of it. More insanity.

I feel like screaming, and this is one of the very good reasons why God did not endow me with magical powers and a wand to harness it with. I would be too dangerous with them. Case in point -- situations like this. Mercy fades in my heart and I just want JUSTICE DONE NOW. It is only later when I am calmer do I begin to feel such overwhelming sorrow for the people like this. Sometimes I feel a kinship with St. Thérèse and her great desire to save souls. Sometimes I feel that way. This great burden and responsibility and yearning, this need, to reach people and bring them the Light of Christ. They need it so much. This world needs it so much.

I mean, read the comments....someone mentions another HEINOUS Youtube video (I unfortunately know such videos/acts are relatively common) involving cruelty to a helpless animal. GOD, I WANT TO SCREAM AND SHOOT SOMEONE. Or at least ask for another Flood. OMG. I FEEL SO FREAKING TICKED OFF RIGHT NOW.

-_____________-


Oh, my God, what have we done?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

WHAT ARE WE DOING??!!!??!!??????????????????????


Oh, Mary, Mary, Light in All Darkness and Mother of Hope - PRAY FOR US.


Everyone just pray. And fight. We are in a war. Father Phillips, at church, wasn't kidding when he said we are living in a New Age of Martyrdom.

Martyrdom takes many forms, and though right now it may not look like the Age of Martyrs in the past, with horrific tortures and executions, if one but looks, you will see how and where the martyrdoms happen. We suffer and are tortured and killed in other ways. But we are on the path back to all-out persecution. Traces of 1984 and suchlike are becoming more apparent every day.........



Oh, God, I'm so scared!

Oh, God, my heart hurts!


Oh, God, I feel so sick!



My God! You ask us to trust You! How? How?

And yet, still You say - "Fear not, for I am with you always."

"In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph."

Oh, Mary, when will that be? I'm starting to wish it. Though I do not wish for the end of this life, I wish for thy triumph. I wish for Christ's reign upon this Earth. Oh.......

It's things like this that cause me to lose hope. But we are never without hope. There is always hope. Always. We must be the ones to keep working, keep fighting, keep living and loving, keep its Flame burning.

"And all that is not well shall be made well."



We live in a very, very sick world. Perhaps sicker than it has EVER been before. We must fight for its soul. We must fight and pray. The Holy Rosary is one of the best 'weapons' we have against evil. Pray it. Pray it. Every day. I confess I don't always. :( But I should. Our Lady asked us to, pleaded us to, at Fatima.


We need the Great Physician now more than ever.



Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.


Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.



He weeps.

4 comments:

  1. You may want to post a warning about the article. I read it and almost threw up, and I like to think I'm desensitized. Thank you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, this time, know how you feel.

    And it's very eerie, but I love that sculpture so much. Where did you come across it?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose- Oh, dear, I did not think of that. See, I did not watch the videos. Did you watch those? Reading it was bad enough for me. I think we are all desensitized to some degree (it is forced upon us, really), though I think I am far less so than most. Which is a good thing. However, on that note, I have heard the 'f-word' so MUCH this past year that now I barely flinch when I hear it, even though I do not say it myself, nor approve its use except in very, very rare circumstances. I hate this. Sigh. :/

    Warning shall be added! You are welcome, too. :P

    Lutestring: <3

    On the sculpture...I am afraid I cannot tell you. :( I remember I was looking for a picture of something else, I think, and this was one of the results. Not what I was looking for, but since I liked it a lot, I saved it, too. :P Wish I could tell you more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the saddest thing I've heard about in a long time. So much for civilization . . .
    It was nice of you to post a hopeful follow-up post though. :)

    ReplyDelete